Saturday, August 6, 2011

Top Six Elimination Performances

Top Six Group Performance (Choreographed by Justin Giles)

I get the fantasy, the whimsy Justin Giles was going for. But it came across as more campy and ridiculous than fantastical for me. The movement was cliche, the concept confusing. I kept thinking of Fern Gully, only without the humor.

Eliminated Dancers: Caitlynn, Ricky

We all knew it was going to happen, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I know people who think that Caitlynn has no personality, but I disagree. She may not have the "warrior princess" vibe Sasha has or the stage presence Melanie has; but Caitlynn proved herself to be adaptable. Sasha and Melanie didn't really ever have to prove that because they were constantly given genres and pieces suited to fit them, rather than having to suit the genre or piece themselves. And I think that's reward-worthy. Look at Tadd: that's exactly why he made it through to the finale, because he took on different styles and adapted well to them. He has more of a personality than Caitlynn, but Caitlynn has more inate dance talent than Tadd.

Plus there's a very small part of me that never loved Sasha because she was picked for the top twenty over her sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment