Friday, July 22, 2011

Top Ten Elimination Performances

Let's discuss this All-Star situation, because I'm pissed. Why did the producers get me so excited by bringing back Chelsie and Brandon, only to dump them after one episode? And are they now going to be introducing a new crop of dancers every week? Becuase they're going to run out of "all-stars" pretty quick; they're already kind of scraping the bottom of the barrel with next week's selection. So next week's all-stars will be: Ivan (season two); Jaimie, Anya, Pasha, Lauren, Neil (season three); Ade (season five); and Lauren (season seven). And no, you're not the only ones who completely forgot who Ivan is: he's a hip hop dancer who finished fifth in season two (ahead of Allison and Dmitry!), but I guess because he hasn't been in the spotlight much since then... I just kind of forgot he existed.

Top Ten Group Performance (Choreographed by Josh Bergasse)

By far the most successful Broadway group routine this show has done (not counting Mia's "One" from season five, which I didn't personally care for but I know has a following... that was contemporary, despite its music being from a Broadway show). There was never a moment of boredeom, as there tends to be for me in these group numbers, and the choreography itself managed to be both classic and modern musical theatre. I hope Josh Bergasse is brought back to choreograph for couples this season; his style is fresh and much better than Tyce Diorio's.

The Bottom Four Contestants: Clarice, Jordan, Mitchell, Ryan

I totally forgot that the bottom three of last season was done because only one dancer was eliminated each week, so I was initially surprised that four dancers would be in the bottom. But none of the four dancers surprised me. I think since there had to be two girls in the bottom, Clarice was an obvious choice next to Jordan. Mitchell got screwed with a bad routine last night, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't really understand why Ricky is so highly praised.

It's upsetting that Mitchell is eliminated, since I think he's the strongest dancer out of the remaining men. And it's not at all upsetting or surprising that Clarice, with her inability to not smile and her seeming lack of sense of humor, is eliminated as well. Looking back, I'm shocked she even made into the top ten; but I think she got by because she was paired with Jess, who clearly has a following of tween girls.

I'm not even going to comment on the guest dancer, because it was so weird and boring that I fast-forwarded through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment